Translate

Tuesday 5 February 2013

DIY lippenbalsem/ lipbalm

Hoi, omdat ik door meerdere mensen gevraagd werd hoe ik mijn getinte lippenbalsem had gemaakt besloot dat ik het misschien maar op mijn blog moest gaan schrijven, dan kan iedereen het zien.

Hi, by popular demand (lol) i decided to take up my blog and post how i made my tinted lipbalm, for everyone to see.

Eigenlijk is het niet zo ingewikkeld;
de ingredienten die ik gebruikt heb

Basically its pretty easy, here are the ingredients i used:

- Bijenwas ( dit kon ik niet vinden in de winkels bij mij in de buurt, dus heb gewoon de stoute schoenen aan getrokken en ben bij een imker langs geweest en heb zo een halve kilo voor niks meegekregen. Kijk daar hou ik nou van!)

- Kokosolie ( bij de toko gehaald).

- Shea boter ( deze bij de afrikaanse toko in Den Haag gehaald, maar er is online ook het een en ander te vinden. Ik vind zelf de ongeraffineerde versie het prettigst, die is niet zo vettig als de geraffineerde versie, en die heeft meer goede eigenschappen dan de geraffineerde versie.)

- Roze pigmenten met shimmer van Essence " miss Piggy's lollipop.


-Beeswax ( I searched everywhere in the shops near me, but could not find it! So I thought " I'll just go to the source" I went to a beekeeper near me and called him to ask for some beeswax, he gave me half a kilo for free, gotta love that!)

-Coconutoil (I got that from my local "toko" it's a shop specialized in asian foods.)

-Shea Butter i got the unreffined and raw kind, it has more healing properties and is less sticky in my opinion, but it has a smell to it. But if you use little of it in the lipbalm you wont smell it, because of the lovely smell of the beeswax.

-Pink pigments, i used Essence " Miss Piggy's lollipop" but it's totally up to you ;-)

Toen ik dit maakte had ik nog niet bedacht dat ik er een " tutorial" van zou maken, dus heb geen foto's en geen afgemeten hoeveelheden. Het is allemaal een beetje op gevoel.

Je hebt van alles maar heel weinig nodig als je 1 lippenbalsem buisje wil vullen, ik heb daarom een wat grotere hoeveelheid lippenbalsem zonder kleur gemaakt, en die als basis genomen om kleur aan toe te voegen.

Hier kan je dan eenvoudiger een kleine hoeveelheid van pakken en daar je pigmenten aan toevoegen. Net zoveel als je zelf mooi vindt. Dit is mijn eind resultaat.

Making this I did'nt think I would make a tutorial of it, so i dont have the exact meassurments and pictures of the proces. I just winged it a little. If you add more beeswax it will turn up harder, if you use more oil or butter it wil be more soft. But if you start bij a 50/50 (50 wax/ 50 oil and butter)mix you should me good.

Because its hard to make such little it will fit just one lipbalm tube, I made a larger batch, and took just enough for one lipbalm melted it seperalty and added the pigments. The poured it in the tube and let it set in the fridge. This way you can add as much pigments as you like, and make a clear one for hubbie or brother ;-) This is a picture of the end result. Enjoy!



Hugs and kisses DIY Mama!

2 comments:

  1. Your lips are beautiful, and the colour of this lip balm is perfect. I am going to save this recipe and when I am feeling better I am going to try and make it, I love natural things and home made but I am not very well at the moment so I will have to wait. Great job on sharing this with us all though, thank you. I saw your blog post on the MUA page, so thought I would come by and show some love to another member of the group.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Thats so sweet!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    I love homemade and natural things as well, as you can see. I'll post more homemade, natural things, I got a really nice sheabutter recipe, lovely for dry skin.

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete