Translate

Friday 29 March 2013

My Lip Life Saver!


Hi Ladies,
this has AB-SO-LUTE-LY  been my life saver for the last couple of days. Because of this " beautiful" freezing spring weather my lips just decided to no longer put up with it. They cracked and went so so sore, but this miracle worker saved my day! 

I think I applied it over ten times yesterday, and a a thick layer before bed, and today I can say my lips are back to life. The Shea butter I've used is a refined one, that means that the colour and smell are taken out. I prefer it to use on my lips, because the smell of unrefined Shea can linger, and I don't really care for that right under my nose. But has to be said, unrefined Shea Butter has far more nutrients and other goodies. So for body purposes I prefer the unrefined Shea. Here is how it looks right out of the jar.


It is a creamy butter that melts on contact with the skin, a little goes a long way. Even this little dab was to much for both hands. By the way it makes a perfect hand cream too, it nourishes the skin without leaving a oily film. And absorbs quite quick, but lasts longer then usual hand creams. Shea butter is very versatile, I use it for hands, feet, cuticles, lips, baby cheeks ( both ;-), and when mixed it makes a very nice body butter. See my other article about that here.


This is how it looks rubbed in, shiny but not oily.

Have you tried this "multi purpose savior" yet?
 When you do make sure to get the 100% pure one, a lot of brands sell products with Shea butter or butyrospermum parkii. Just check the ingredient lists on the back, and you will see the butyrospermum parkii more often then you would think. 
But why get 00.1% of this goodness, when you can have the benefits of it pure? Shea butter isn't so easy to come by off the web, but I know Yves Rocher sells one. I got mine from the Dutch brand Erica, 90 ml for €3.99, what I believe is a bargain. Especially for it being so versatile, and being all natural.

So have you tried it yet?

hugs and kisses DIY Mama.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tip hon! I've never seen pure shea butter ANYWHERE! Do you know if Erica ships to Germany too?

    ReplyDelete