Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Argan Oil first impressions

Hi Lovelies, today I'm reviewing Argan oil, I thought I'd jump on that band wagon and see what all the fuss is all about. 
They say about Argan oil aka Moroccan Oil that it's good for hair, skin and nails. It moisturizes and nourishes, contains vitamin E. It also contains Carotenoids that have a anti oxidating effect. 

I got my Argan Oil from a drugstore that's selling the brand Erica for € 18,95 it is bio organic and cold pressed and contains only one ingredient : Argania Spinoza.
I made sure to pick one up with no additives like silicones, parabens, I wanted to test the " real deal" .




Now for the review of the oil itself;

it is a clear light golden green oil that is kind of viscous. So the oil isn't extremely runny or anything.
Its smell reminds me of olives but not olive oil, kind of nutty. The smell is there when you apply it, but doesn't linger around.

I've tested it in my hair and on my skin. I do have to say my hair looks greasy extremely fast, it has to do with the type of hair I have. It is called ribbon hair, I'm very "blessed with this, perms, heated rollers, anything! It wont hold. It is very fine hair and tends to look greasy when I just think of anything oily. 
So using it as a leave inn serum is not really a option for me, even with a mini drop and a light hand it looks like I haven't washed my hair for weeks. ( wash it every morning because of that).

But as a pre-poo it is useful, I lathered my hair with the Argan oil before going to bed, and washed it the next morning. My hair felt really soft and full! So far so good.

My skin tends to be really dry, dehydrated, sensitive, and " hormonal" on certain area's, so I'm always looking for skincare that can take care of my skin but not irritate it more than it already is. Perfumes  parabens the whole shabam, my skin wont take it. 
I tried the Argan oil pure on my skin without moisturizer, but that's not enough for my skin. It keeps feeling dehydrated but with a oily "topcoat" .
But when I add a few drops to my regular moisturizer... My skin feels plump, hydrated, no dry patches, so I really like it as a additive to my moisturizer.


I haven't used it on my nails yet but will start that swiftly, my nails and cuticles are so very dry in this wintery weather.


So have you used Argan oil or products with Argan oil? What do you think.



Hugs and Kisses DIY Mama

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used pure argan oil yet, I have used shampoos with it in and a body lotion that contained it, but I am dying to try it out, especially at this time of year as Winter really dehydrates my whole body. I am currently using a facial oil, not argan though, and I love how my skin feels using it so i think i would like argan oil on my face too. Nice review. x
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    I am also a member of the new beauty bloggers group and wanted to support fellow members by following their blogs but I can't see how to follow you dear. Do you have GFC or bloglovin? let me know the link on the group page and I will follow you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, thanks for the support! I accidentally posted my mobile site, if you click on " view web version" you can see my bloglovin and Facebook buttons ;-) I don't have gfc yet.
    Your on my bloglovin list already.

    What facial oil are you using at the moment? I cant say I like the Argan better then lets say Almond oil yet, have to test it out a bit more. The smell of Almond oil is far more neutral than the Argan.
    For the dry skin on your body I can highly recommend shea butter, refined or unrefined, I totally love what shea butter is doing for my skin. Where as traditional bodybutters/ lotions tend to sit on my skin and wash right off, shea butter really nourishes my skin.
    I know Yves Rocher sells a refined ( odourless version) one,http://www.akuawood.co.uk/ sells a unrefined one. But I haven't bought from either one of them though? But those are also available in the uk ;-)
    Love DIY Mama

    ReplyDelete