Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Natural Vitamin E treatment DIY




Hi Lovelies,
I really can't wait to share this easy DIY skin treatment with you girls, I've been using it for the past week now, and I have to say, I can actually SEE the difference!

My skin is really fussy about skincare, even the most prestigious brands that market them selves as being hypoallergenic; my skin isn't having it :-(  On the other side it is very dehydrated, but oily on the chin and T-zone, and *Yay* the fine lines are coming trough as well. So in my search for skincare that actually makes a difference AND which my skin can tolerate, I have tried a good deal of brands. There are a few brands I can tolerate, and the did moisturize a bit, but the fine lines weren't getting any better, and the dry patches neither.

A few moisturizers I could recommend for sensitive skin are for example the Nivea Pure and Natural range, it isn't spectacular, no facelift effect ;-) but keeps you moisturized without irritation of the skin. 



At the moment i'm using this one from Garnier, without parabens but with eco cert label. It's a simple moisturizer, so I amp it up with a few drops of oil, like Argan or in this case vitamin E.





So now over to the actual DIY;

It's pretty simple:

  • get your self a bottle of vitamin E capsules (I got these.)
  • make sure your face is clean, no make up or moisturizer
  • cut, or prick your capsule open (with for instance a needle)
  • pinch out the oil and apply on desired area's, in my case: under the eye's, forehead, and the dry patches next to my nose. (you know those "lovely" patches that make your foundation look icky ;-)
  • gently sweep/ rub it in
  • apply your usual day or night cream and let it sit, if your using it before bed just leave it.
  • if your wanting to do some make up, you could dab the excess off with a tissue and carry on with your daily make up routine. You might want to powder a little.

  



Why this actually works:

I did a little research on the web to find out WHY it worked, I have to admit it started of like a wild experiment " hey lets put this substance on my face and see what happen" kind of thing. But after a few days I actually was noticing the difference, so I decided to find out why and share it with you.
There are tonnes of info out there why vitamin E is such a wonderful oil to use internal and external, but to sum it up for you, here is what is does and why:


  • Vitamin E is the most powerful antioxidant around, which protecst you from free radicals.
  • Everyday your skin is subjected to free radicals that damage your skin, these radicals damage the collagen and dry out your skin cells, what causes wrinkles.
  • It helps repair damaged skin.
  • It is a effective moisturizer.
  • It has natural anti inflammatory effects


I really have to say that I'm surprised by the fact how good this works, and how it's not costing you a arm and a leg. So I would say give it a try for a week and let me know what you think. My skin became tighter around the eyes, hydrated and generally made me look younger/fresher/ well rested (while I'm most definitely not haha).

Let me know what you think,
Hugs and Kisses DIY Mama















Reference:
  • http://vitamineoiluses.com/vitamin-e-oil-for-face-its-benefits/
  • http://www.ehow.com/about_5467579_facial-benefits-vitamin-e.html
  • http://www.ehow.com/list_7156828_benefits-vitamin-liquid-form-skin_.html


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tip hon, I'll try it out sometime! At the moment I treat dry patched with Nipple Balm (yes, you read correctly ^^) before I go to bed. this helps me a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, my nipple balm days are, over haha with the kids eating solids.But what ingredients are in yours? Some of the greatest beauty secrets are the strange ones haha, heard about a anti chafing cream that would be great as primer...

      Delete