Translate

Friday 12 April 2013

My Favorite Fragrances!




First in the list is Poeme from Lancome, this perfume is my first love considering perfumes. I first smelled it when I was 18, I had gotten a sample with my birthday present ( funny how smells can bring you right back). And loved it straight a way. From then on I was spoiled; no cheap drugstore fragrances for me anymore, but being 18 this was a bit heavy on the check book for me. So from then on it has been a staple item on my wishlist; birthday, Christmas; Poeme! 
This is how it looks when the bottle isn't half full (I'm a optimist ;-) and with lid, can't seem to locate mine... 


PoêmeThis is what Lancome has to say about it:

"Say it all without a word.
Say it all without saying a word. A fragrance of seduction that goes beyond words!
A composition of contrasts in which the effusive note of the Himalayan Blue Poppy embraces the enchanting scent of the Datura flower. Around this duo, white flowers mingle gaily with yellow flowers...in POÊME each word is a flower, each flower a poem to express that which cannot be said."

So... now you know hahaha, in my opinion Poème is a warm floral scent, kind of oriental. But not like any scent I ever smelled before or since, so that makes it even harder to describe. On this site there is a extensive explanation of the scent.
This is really MY scent, and it feels totally funny when I smell someone else wearing it. But you girls are free to try it ;-P  It is and probably will stay my number 1 perfume, considering I'm wearing it for 12 years already, jeez I'm getting old haha.

Second on the list is Amber Elixir from Oriflame.
This one is the first I felt could compete with my beloved Poeme. Most fragrances smell great in the bottle but make me nauseous after a few hours. And this one keeps smelling yummie.   
عطر اوريفليم عنبر إلكسير Amber Elixir Oriflame Perfume                                                 

This is what Oriflame has to say about it;
"Inspired by the mysterious beauty of amber, Amber Elixir exudes an enticing aura of sensuality and tranquillity. Warm lingering notes of blackcurrant and mandarin embrace alluring heliotrope, mystical amber and sensual musk as you are consumed by its seductive amber glow. 50 ml."
Isn't it interesting how stilted and labyrinthine companies can get, describing a fragrance... Anywho,in my humble opinion and simpler description it is again a warm, spicy smell. It has that amber smell in it, just like Poeme, that is probably why I like this one as well haha.



Third on the list isn't technically MY scent, but it's my kids.
It's Eau de Zwitsal.
Zwitsal is a Dutch brand that caries all kind of  baby products, and used by moms in the Netherlands for decades. My mom (grandma to my kids ;-)was bathed in this when she was a baby, I was washed in it and now my babies (1,5 and 4) bath in it daily. And to let the smell lingerer a bit longer I like to spritz just a tiny bit on them when they are fully dressed, for that little hint of nostalgia. Or if my little girl sees me spritzing my perfume's and  wants to join in, I spritz it on my little princess ;-)


And lastly on my list is Miracle.
Miracle
This perfume is the last in my favorites list all though I like it very much, this one has more of a sentimental value to me. When my daughter was born, my mother gave this to me, and said what a miracle it was to have this child in our lives, my pregnancy and delivery, both being difficult, ended in this beautiful miracle lying in my arms. So this fragrance reminds me of my mom, who also wears it a lot.
The description from Lancome:
You make it happen. A vibrant, sparkling fragrance that opens like the dawning of a new day with fresh, dewy notes of Lychee and Freesia. Its spicy heart echoes with notes of Magnolia, Jasmine, Ginger and Pepper as its warm base notes envelop you in the sensual splendor of Amber and Musk.

What are your favorite fragrances? Let me know in the comment section below.
Hugs and kisses DIYMama 


3 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of these fragrances before but I am liking the sound if Miracle!


    Emily Jane xo
    http://www.theglittervixen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really an amazing and informative article regarding My Favorite Fragrances. I appreciate your posted topic and wonderful photos .Thank you for sharing this well described article.

    http://www.orderpharma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really an amazing and informative article regarding My Favorite
    Fragrances. I appreciate your posted topic and wonderful photos .Thank
    you for sharing this well described article.

    ReplyDelete